ISM Parent Feedback Portal for Compliments, Complaints and Appeals
This policy is consistent with the European Personal Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came in application on May 25th 2018.
Personal data: Every data that permit to identify or not directly a natural person
The data controller: The International School of Monaco (ISM) is responsible for the processing of personal data collected directly or indirectly from visitors to the website and users of the service. In this capacity, we guarantee that your data will be processed in compliance with the European Personal Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Processing of personal datas: “Processing” means any operation or set of operations carried out on personal data, such as collection, recording, use, transmission or communication.
Subcontractor: Legal entity that processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
Security and confidentiality
The International School of Monaco, as controller, shall determine and implement the means necessary to protect personal data processing systems in order to avoid, as far as possible, any malicious intrusion and prevent any loss, alteration or disclosure of data to unauthorized persons.
Indeed, we identify and implement technical and organizational measures to guarantee the confidentiality of data in accordance with the requirements of the CCIN and the GDPR. And in particular:
- Designation of a Personal Data Protection Officer (DPO): An external DPO has been appointed, who is in charge of all the missions foreseen by the GDPR, and of complementary missions. In addition, it is able to answer all your questions concerning the application of the above mentioned regulation.
- Awareness of the processing of personal data, and the commitment to respect the GDPR, of all our employees.
- Complex passwords with regular resets.
- Securing workstations: all necessary measures are taken (antivirus, anti-malware, firewall)
- Backup and business continuity (a secure backup and archive management system)
- Physical security: our premises are physically secure (access codes, alarms).
Collected personal data
The ISM collects data to provide the best service to the students. In the case of the contact form data is provided directly by the user, by filling out the form, to send a request to the school. We also receive data by recording how users browse our site, for example by using technologies such as cookies, receiving error reports, or usage data from software.
Personal data collected by The ISM can include the following elements :
- Last Name, first name
- phone number
- Demand subject / request
- message content
The ISM ensures the collection and processing of relevant, adequate, non-excessive and strictly necessary personal data for the attainment of the purposes previously determined. And takes all necessary steps to ensure that your data is accurate, complete and, if necessary, updated.
Moreover, the ISM undertakes to collect the consent of the persons concerned as soon as it is required and to inform them of the processing of their data.
Purpose of the collection
Processing of your personal data by the ISM, answers to determine and explicit purposes.
- Answer with efficiency to users that contact us by the contact form
- Permit to users to make request
- Identify users that wish to contact us
- identify user needs to provide the most appropriate services
The ISM is committed to processing and collecting your personal data fairly and lawfully.
The ISM guarantees that, in this context, the legal base of the aforementioned treatments is the legitimate interest of the school, more specifically its interest in continuously improving its services and understanding your needs to meet your expectations.
Recipients and data transfer
The personal data collected, is only intended for the school authorized personnel and our web service provider.
The information system of the website is located in Monaco, therefore a data transfer is carried out from the moment a connection is made outside Monaco. Nevertheless, ISM guarantees you a level of protection of your personal data in accordance with the GDPR.
Retention of personal data
All personal data collected shall be retained for a limited period depending on the purpose of the processing and the shelf-life provided for by the legislation in force.
You are informed that, during your visits to our websites, cookies (login cookies) can be installed on your browsing software to allow you, optimal navigation, in compliance with the GDPR. Cookies are data stored in the user’s terminal equipment. They are used by our websites to send information to the browser of the user, and allow this browser to return information to the original site (for example a session identifier, the choice of a language or a date). However, no personal data are collected via tracer systems.
Rights of the concerned people
All means necessary to guarantee the effectiveness of your rights to personal data are implemented by the ISM in accordance with the GDPR, namely:
- The right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation that personal data about you is or is not processed and, when it is processed, to obtain access to and a copy of such data.
- The right of rectification: You have the right to obtain rectification of personal data concerning you that are inaccurate.
- The right to erasure: In some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data. However this right is not absolute, in fact the school may have legal or legitimate reasons to keep said data
- The right to portability: that is, in some cases, the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured format, commonly used and the right to transmit this data to another controller, where technically possible. This right applies only when the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract and is carried out using automated processes.
- The right of opposition: You have the right to oppose at any time, for reasons relating to your particular situation, to a processing of personal data concerning you when said processing is based on the legitimate interest of the ISM
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to contact a supervisory authority in order to lodge a complaint concerning the practices relating to the protection of personal data of the ISM.
To exercise these rights, you can apply to our DPO: S.A.M ACTIS – To the attention of the Data Protection Officer – 14 avenue de Grande Bretagne – 98000 – Monaco, or by email with proof of your identity: email@example.com
The International School of Monaco may update this Data Protection Policy at any time to adapt it to any new regulations or practices. It is then up to you to check any updates to this data protection policy. If significant changes are made, you will be notified through information on our website.
If you have any questions about this personal data processing policy, you can contact us at:
- sending an email to our Data Protection Officer at : firstname.lastname@example.org
- or send us a mail to the following address : S.A.M ACTIS – TO DATA PROTECTION OFFICER – 14 avenue de Grande Bretagne – 98000 – Monaco.